A Viper Strike Assassin build – perhaps there’s no core skill more appropriate for the class, as the skill defines how a true assassin should strike. Plus, it’s one of the best builds for the class for Patch 3.2. Hopefully, if future changes permit, this build could remain not only viable but also suitable for future updates. So you can learn some best ways to Viper Strike Assassin on this article:
- For the core skill gem, Viper Strike, have it with Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, Added Chaos Damage, Unbound Ailments, and Vile Toxins support gems.
- For mobility, have Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks, Fortify, and Blood Magic.
- For your totem setup, have Spell Totem with Wither and Increase Duration support gem.
- For your curse setup, have Blasphemy, Despair, Enlighten, and Temporal Chains.
- For your Cast When Damage Taken setup, have Immortal Call and Vortex.
- Lastly, if you still have a few sockets, have Blood Rage and Lightning Golem.
Weapon: Two The Wasp’s Nest for increased physical, poison, and chaos damage; also, it has critical strike chance and accuracy.
Off-hand: Death’s Hand for increased elemental damage, physical damage, critical strike chance, chance to gain power charge for the stunning enemy, and gain Unholy Might for 2 seconds upon a critical hit.
Body: Dendrobate for increased evasion, energy shield, maximum energy shield, elemental resistances, poison damage when you have 300 Dexterity;
Gloves: Fenumus Weave for increased evasion, energy shield, life, attack and cast speed, damage with hits and ailments against enemies afflicted with 3 Spider’s Web, and it adds 10 to 14 chaos damage for each Spider’s Web on the enemy.
Boots: Kaom’s Roots for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains.
Belt: Belt of the Deceiver for increased strength, physical damage, critical strikes, life, elemental resistances, and intimidation of nearby enemies;
Accessories: any Rare rings with bonuses to physical damage, life, strength, elemental resistances, accuracy, and fire damage.
Jewels: Growing Agony to enhance Viper Strike; rare Jewels with bonuses to life, critical strike chance, and damage.
Flasks: Atziri’s Promise for chaos resistance. Lion’s Roar for knockback to melee attacks. Rumi’s Concoction for +3000 to armor.
The Viper Strike Assassin build is quintessential, not only in theme but also in effectiveness. So if you want a solid and novel build, this one is for you.